Research Manager, Franchise and Content Strategy
- 31-May-2017 to 30-Jul-2017 (PST)
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
MarketCast is seeking a Research Manager experienced in quantitative and qualitative analysis to manage projects end-to-end in the fast-paced entertainment industry.
Our Custom Research work encompasses a variety of studies, including:
- Measuring brand health and direction, from major entertainment brands to new and emerging IP
- Developing positioning strategies for upcoming films, games, and shows
- Measuring consumer reaction to campaigns and marketplace releases
- Become familiar with MarketCast's research products and methodologies to design studies to meet our clients' objectives
- Support the Custom Research team's operations by testing surveys carefully, checking questionnaire logic, building report slides, and proofreading presentations
- Manage research projects end-to-end (including drafting proposals, writing questionnaires, analyzing data, reporting results, and creating visual PowerPoints for presentation)
- Work with the team on multiple projects, handling responsibilities and competing deadlines simultaneously
Seeking Smart Researchers
Do you thrive on solving complicated questions, or even defining the question your client needs to ask? Are you able to turn data into engaging and persuasive stories, communicated with effective and appealing visuals? Are you passionate about entertainment and pop culture?
We are looking for candidates who are naturally curious with a high level of creativity, self-motivation, and excellent communication skills. A strong attention to detail is a must. Flexibility to manage a diverse workload and the ability to meet deadlines are equally important.
Qualified candidates will work with team members across offices to learn about MarketCast's methodologies and implement them in questionnaire design, ensure surveys are working, analyze the data, and create presentations to give clients clear and actionable answers.
- 1-3 years of supplier-side market research experience
- Experience managing research projects from start to finish independently
- Understanding of survey design and ability to write questionnaire to meet different research needs
- Knowledgeable about marketing concepts like positioning, brand health, customer satisfaction
- Experience with market research methodologies like monadic testing
- Comfortable working with large quantitative data sets
- Excellent PowerPoint design skills, and fully proficient in Excel and Word
- Experience with SPSS, Dimensions, or other statistical software not required, but a plus
- BA/BS with a strong academic record and analytical background
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Excellent medical benefits
- 401(k) plan
Qualified candidates only please.